- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s not the best time to be Mariah Carey right now. Following the singer’s New Year’s Eve performance flub during Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin‘ Eve With Ryan Seacrest, her Hollywood Walk of Fame star has now been vandalized.
TMZ first reported that Carey’s star had been desecrated over the weekend with a question mark sketched next to her name, so that it read, “Mariah Carey?”
According to the publication, the Hollywood Historic Trust has already had it cleaned up with a $1,500 bill attached to the effort. Carey received her star in August 2015.
The Los Angeles Police Department is currently investigating the crime for felony vandalism, TMZ reports.
In October, President-elect Donald Trump’s star was vandalized with a pickaxe. Jamie Otis later claimed responsibility for the act, saying he intended to auction off the removed star to raise money for the legal defense of Trump’s sexual assault accusers. The motivation behind defacing Carey’s star seems likely a bit more subtle.
Billboard reached out to the LAPD but did not receive a response by time of publishing.
See the work done on it here:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day