- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Grammy-winning artist-producer Mark Ronson isn’t afraid of a little competition — except maybe when it comes to going toe-to-toe with Taylor Swift at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards.
Ronson and Bruno Mars‘ “Uptown Funk” is competing against Swift’s “Bad Blood” (featuring Kendrick Lamar) for video of the year and best collaboration, and against her “Blank Space” for best pop video at the 2015 MTV VMAs on Sunday, Aug. 30.
“I think that she’s pretty much kicking ass, so we’ll see,” Ronson said at the Billboard and Jimmy Choo-hosted Men of Style party in Los Angeles on Friday. “But it’s so exciting, like this whole year has been so surreal.”
Whether he wins or not, Ronson is excited about attending this year’s VMAs in L.A. “To be sitting with Bruno in the front row at the MTV Awards — I used to go to the MTV Awards as a DJ for the afterparty, and to be playing the music in between the commercial breaks. So to be nominated for awards is [surreal],” he said.
Held at the Los Angeles home of Mitch Glazer and Kelly Lynch, Nick Jonas and Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz and Joe Trohman were among those honored at the Men of Style event recognizing the music industry’s best-dressed males of 2015.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
,” Jonas said.”]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day