- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The iTunes festival returns to London this fall with Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams, Beck, Sam Smith, Blondie, Kylie, David Guetta, 5 Seconds of Summer, Calvin Harris and Chrissie Hynde scheduled to perform at the Roundhouse in Camden.
More than 60 acts will be featured at the festival, the eighth to be held in the city, throughout September, Apple revealed today. In the announcement, Apple svp Internet software and services Eddy Cue also noted that, as in past years, the concerts will be available for viewing for free.
The lineup boasts a diverse mix of classic favorites — Blondie, Kylie and Hynde, the latter who’s enjoying the success of new single, “Dark Sunglasses” — and new acts, most notably Sam Smith, whose debut album came out in June and has already sold some 200,000 copies, and Australian pop-punk outfit 5 Seconds of Summer, who are already being hailed as heirs apparent to One Direction.
Previous iTunes Festival headliners have included Adele, Coldplay, Elton John, Foo Fighters, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and Paul McCartney.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day