- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meghan Trainor’s ode to curves, “All About That Bass,” has a fan in Beyonce Knowles, who knows about being Bootylicious.
Speaking on the red carpet at the Z100 Jingle Ball in New York, Trainor revealed that she had received a private note from Beyonce requesting a meeting. “She messaged me and sent me a very nice message saying she thought I was cute and sweet and that she wants to meet me,” Trainor said.
Trainor got her opportunity at the Billboard Women in Music gala in New York on Dec. 12, when Beyonce made a beeline to the singer to compliment her music.
“She told me she likes dancing to my song!,” said Trainor excitedly. “I love her so much and she’s perfect in real life.”
Although Trainor’s music inspires much booty shaking, moving and singing at the same time is not her forte. “I’m tired when dancing at the same time,” she said. “’I’m not Beyonce.”
Trainor added that she’s eager for fans to hear a different side of her when her new album, Title (Epic Records) drops on Jan. 13. She said the new song produced by John Legend, “Like I’m Going To Lose You,” is “slower” and “beautiful.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day