- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
People reports that the ceremony, which included Etheridge’s four children, took place at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California, and was attended by friends and family including Sia, Jane Lynch, Chelsea Handler, Rosie O’Donnell, Whitney Cummings, and Peter Facinelli. Etheridge wore the suit, while Wallem, an actor and producer best known for creating the Showtime series Nurse Jackie, wore the white dress. Etheridge performed a brand-new song, one even Wallem had never heard, dedicated to her new bride.
Etheridge and Wallem, both 53, began dating in 2010 after more than a decade of friendship; they announced their engagement last June when the Supreme Court struck down several anti-gay rights laws including California’s Prop 8. This marks the first legally sanctioned marriage for both women. The pair embark on their honeymoon to an undisclosed location (Etheridge’s surprise for Wallem) Sunday morning.
Etheridge’s last album, 4th Street Feeling, was released in September 2012 via Island Records.
A version of this story first appeared at Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day