- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper Pitbull has joined the Men In Black family by writing and recording an uptempo track to serve as the film’s theme song. “Back In Time” reflects the threequel’s time travel theme, even featuring a sample of Micky and Sylvia’s 1950s hit, “Love is Strange.”
This marks the first time that franchise star Will Smith has not recorded the theme song himself. The 43-year-old rapper-turned-actor previously lent his vocals to the tracks “Men In Black” and “Black Suits Comin’ (Nod Ya Head)” for the film’s 1997 and 2002 predecessors.
The third installment in Columbia Pictures’ sci-fi comedy franchise includes Smith and Tommy Lee Jones reprising their respective roles of Agent J and Agent K, with Josh Brolin joining the team as a young version of Jones. Alice Eve, Emma Thompson, Bill Hader and Flight of the Conchords’ Jermaine Clement also star.
According to NME, director Barry Sonnenfeld selected Pitbull to record the theme after his 19-year-old daughter began playing his music. “I’m thrilled that he wrote such a great song for our movie that totally gets it,” Sonnenfeld said.
The song was released on Monday, March 26 and is currently available on iTunes. Listen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now