- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Michael Buble has issued an apology following the controversy surrounding an Instagram photo he posted several days ago.
The photo in question featured the singer standing in front of a woman wearing very short shorts. She has her back to the camera.”There was something about this photo lu took ,that seemed worthy of instagram. #myhumps #babygotback #hungryshorts #onlyinmiami #picoftheday #beautifulbum,” he captioned the photo.
Some fans accused the singer of being inappropriate and said that he was perhaps body-shaming the unidentified woman. He posted the following apology to his Facebook page on Friday (Apr. 17).
“Anybody who knows me would never misinterpret the message of the photo my wife took in Miami that seems to have caused unexpected rage by some people,” he wrote. “I do not court controversy. But I realize that a photo that was meant to be complimentary and lighthearted has turned into a questionable issue. For the record, it hurts me deeply that anyone would think that I would disrespect women or be insulting to any human being. I was not brought up that way, and it is not in my character. I regret that there are people out there who found the photo offensive. That was not and is not my intention. Women are to be celebrated, loved, respected, honored and revered. I’ve spent my life believing that and will continue to do so.”
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day