- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Before he has the honor of carrying the U.S. flag in the opening ceremonies of the 2016 Rio Olympics, legendary swimmer Michael Phelps crammed into a car with dozens of other members of Team U.S.A. to bust out some jams in the style of James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show.
Joined by fellow badass lappers Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte, Elizabeth Beisel, Katie Ledecky, Nathan Adrian and a dozen others, Phelps and the crew took on songs by everyone from Justin Bieber to Flo Rida, the themes from Friends and That ‘70s Show, One Direction, Zac Brown Band, Fifth Harmony and, of course, Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA.”
Flags, Pokémon and, for some reason, lobster costumes were involved. And, of course, they did a call back to that time they all jammed on Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” before the 2012 Olympics.
The 2016 Olympics from Rio de Janeiro kick off Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC with the opening ceremonies. Watch the video below.
A version of this article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day