- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell may have some stiff competition from a new mogul on the hip-hop scene: Michelle Obama.
Although the First Lady won’t be doing any rapping herself, she has recruited American Idol season six winner Jordin Sparks and season 10 finalist Ashthon Jones, along with hip-hop notables DMC of Run DMC, Doug E. Fresh and Matisyahu for a hip-hop themed album promoting the positive message of living a healthy lifestyle through nutrition and fitness.
Other artists involved with the project include Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker, Ashanti, Ariana Grande, Smash‘s Jeremy Jordan, and E Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren.
The project will support Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign, which was launched over three years ago to solve “the problem of obesity within a generation” by “combining comprehensive strategies with common sense.”
Below is the full tracklist for the album, which is presented by Partnership For A Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health:.
1. “U R What You Eat” f/ Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” f/ Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. “Let’s Move” f/ Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. “Just Believe” featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. “Veggie Luv” f/ Monifah and J Rome
6. “Hip Hop FEET” f/ DMC and Artie Green
7. “Stronger” f/ Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. “Give Myself a Try” f/ Ryan Beatty
9. “Jump Up” f/ Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” f/ Artie Green
11. “Pass the Rock” f/ Iman Schumpert and Artie Green
12. “Good Living” f/ Ashthon Jones
13. “Beautiful” f/ Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. “Change the Game” f/ The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” f/ Paul Burch
16. “Mother May I” f/ Amelia Robinson
17. “We Like vegetables” f/ Los Barkers!
18. “Get Up Sit Up” f/ Babi Floyd
19. “One Step Forward” f/ Samite
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day