- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Mick Jagger has welcomed the birth of his eighth child.
Representatives for the rock legend say the 73-year-old frontman of The Rolling Stones was on hand Thursday at a New York hospital when girlfriend Melanie Hamrick gave birth to the couple’s son. According to a statement, both parents are “delighted” and “mother and baby are doing well.”
Jagger already has seven children — Georgia, James, Jade, Elizabeth, Lucas, Karis and Gabriel — who range in age from their 40s to teenagers.
He became a great-grandfather in May 2014, when Jade’s daughter, Assisi, gave birth to a baby girl.
Hamrick is a 29-year-old ballerina who has performed with the American Ballet Theatre in New York. They began dating in 2014 after the suicide of fashion designer L’Wren Scott, Jagger’s partner of 13 years.
In May, fellow Rolling Stone Ron Wood became a father again at 68 after his wife, Sally Humphreys, gave birth to twin girls.
Jagger and his bandmates recently released Blue & Lonesome, the iconic rock group’s first album in 11 years. The 12-track set includes covers of blues songs from Jimmy Reed, Little Walter, Eddie Taylor and more.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day