- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Capitol Records President Dan McCarroll announced today that Mike Flynn has been named Senior Vice President of A&R and Staff Producer for the Capitol Music Group. In his new position, Flynn will sign, develop, and produce artists for the CMG labels.
Flynn previously worked as a senior A&R executive and staff producer for Epic Records. During his nine years with Epic, he worked with artists including The Fray, Cher Lloyd, Sara Bareilles, and Sean Kingston. He also produced The Fray’s albums How to Save a Life and The Fray, which sold more than five million albums and 15 million singles worldwide. Flynn also formerly a member of rock band Old Pike which signed with Epic.
“I had the pleasure of working with Mike for many years previously, and I’m thrilled to have him back on my team,” said Steve Barnett in a press statement. “He is that rare music executive that not only has an ear for artistry and commercial appeal, but impeccable skills as a producer to bring out the best in the artists he works with.”
“It is an amazing opportunity to be part of rebuilding such a legendary music company as the Capitol Music Group,” Flynn commented. “I look forward to breaking new artists with Steve, Dan, Gregg Thompson, Michelle Jubelirer and the entire CMG team.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day