- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sorry, Charlotte. Miley Cyrus was forced to cancel her scheduled concert in North Carolina’s largest city on Monday night after coming down with a virus.
“Cyrus has been diagnosed with the flu and doctors have ordered her to rest,” Live Nation said in a press release. A notice was posted at Time Warner Cable Arena a half hour before for the show was set to start. It said refunds would be available but that the Bangerz tour stop would not be rescheduled.
Early Monday, Cyrus laid the groundwork for the cancelation by saying she was in “excruciating pain” on Twitter, though she has not commented further.
The news comes less than a week after Cyrus’ dog was killed by a coyote.
The singer’s young fans were understandably upset by the news. One 16-year-old fan told the Charlotte Observer that she’d invested a lot of money to be there. “On the signs, it said ‘refunds available,’ but where’s the refund for my outfit that I bought, or for my nails or the gas or hotel?” she asked.
Live Nation said Cyrus’ concert at Raleigh’s PNC Arena on Tuesday will go on as planned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day