- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Miley Cyrus invokes classic ’80s album cover elements for the just revealed cover of her upcoming release Bangerz. The “We Can’t Stop” singer tweeted the Bangerz album cover Saturday night (August 24), with the note “you know the vintage YSL don’t stay on for long.”
Cyrus also Instagramed a picture of the Bangerz cover sitting in what appears to be her seat at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center where the MTV Video Music Awards are set to take place Sunday night (August 25). She is scheduled to perform.
The Bangerz cover features Miley in red lipstick and a black ensemble set atop a peach-to-purple background reminiscent of ’80s TV staple Miami Vice over which snapshots of palm trees are lit up by a neon sign reading Bangerz. The album is set to arrive on October 8.
The word “Bangerz” became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter after she tweeted the image.
Bangerz single “We Can’t Stop” is currently No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day