- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SEOUL — The 2014 edition of the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) will be held in Hong Kong on Dec. 3, organizers of the South Korean event announced Monday.
MAMA began as the Mnet KM Music Festival in 1999 but was rebranded as the pan-Asian event it is today in 2009. Now in its sixth year, the festival has been likened to the MTV Video Music Awards and has been held outside of Korea. This year’s venue has not yet been announced; last year’s edition took place at Hong Kong’s Asia World-Expo. It was simultaneously broadcast to 2.4 billion people in 94 countries across Asia, Europe, North America, Africa and Oceana.
“2014 MAMA returns to Hong Kong to leverage the city’s status as a focal point of Asian economy, trade, and cultural diversity,” said Mnet evp Shin Hyung-kwan in a statement. “Bringing together the experience and production know-how of [Mnet parent company] CJ E&M as well as amazing passion of fans both within and outside Hong Kong, the festival will highlight the incredible power and popularity of Asian music to the world.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day