- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emergency service workers from six towns responded to numerous reports of illnesses at a Keith Urban concert in Mansfield, Mass. Officials said alcohol consumption was the likely cause.
Ambulances arrived from Eaton, Foxboro, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton and Plainville to help private ambulance services at the Saturday night (July 26) concert at the Xfinity Center, located about 35 miles southwest of Boston.
At about 9 p.m., Mansfield fire officials declared a mass casualty incident at the concert venue, which typically indicates a large number of people with potential illnesses or injuries.
The Sun Chronicle reports that officials requested help for a 16-year-old boy with an unspecified injury and was unresponsive.
Mansfield Deputy Fire Chief James Puleo could not confirm the number of people taken to hospitals.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day