- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ROCKLAND, Maine (AP) — More criminal charges have been filed in Maine against “American Pie” singer Don McLean stemming from his domestic violence arrest.
Police arrested McLean on a misdemeanor count of domestic violence assault on Jan. 18.
Knox County Assistant District Attorney Christopher Fernald said Wednesday his office is adding misdemeanor charges of terrorizing, criminal threatening, criminal restraint, criminal mischief and obstructing the reporting of a crime.
McLean’s attorney says the singer is pleading not guilty to all the charges.
The case is set to return to court on Monday. McLean’s attorney says the singer won’t appear because he has already entered a plea.
McLean’s wife filed a handwritten request for protection after the arrest. The couple later announced the order was dismissed.
The singer lives in coastal Camden. “American Pie” topped the Billboard chart 44 years ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day