- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Joe Scarborough has found a surprising way to reflect on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The host of MSNBC’s Morning Joe has recorded and released a country song that features vocals by himself and his co-host, Mika Brzezinski.
STORY: September 11 Terror Threat Sparks Internet Reactions
The song, titled “Reason to Believe,” takes an anti-war stance as it honors the victims of Sept. 11 and the soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The song starts with Scarborough singing: “In the flash of an hour/Watching dreams fall from towers/All I once knew came tumbling down.”
STORY: September 11 News Coverage Collected in Internet Archive
He also sings about an “endless war,” asking “how many more have to die before my sweet boy comes home.”
Yet he offers a hopeful outlook in the chorus: “At the end of the hour/When I’m drained of all power/I still find the reason to believe.”
STORY: 9/11 Anniversary: What the TV Networks Are Planning
Scarborough also released a video, which features images of 9/11 and soldiers, among others, but neither he Brzezinski appears in the clip.
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day