- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Pitch Perfect star took the stage wearing a cop costume before stripping it off to reveal a “F— tha Stripper Police” T-shirt.
Wilson, who presented the award for best hip-hop video, began by saying that “a lot of people have problems with the police,” suggesting that she was going to say something about police brutality and recent, controversial police-involved killings.
But instead, she went on a humorous rant about disappointing police strippers, ripping off the costume to reveal her obscene shirt. MTV’s censors likely weren’t laughing though, as the F-word on Wilson’s shirt wasn’t censored. While MTV tried to avoid frontal footage of her from the top of the shirt down, the writing on the shirt could be seen on monitors on the stage and from side and distant shots. Furthermore, the top of the F-word also was seen from the main camera on Wilson.
“They come to your house. You think you’re getting arrested, and you just get a lap dance, and it’s usually uninspired,” said Wilson. “I hired a police stripper for my grandma’s 80th, and he wouldn’t even feel her up. … I hate this injustice, hence the shirt.”
Wilson went on to present the Moonman for best hip-hop video to Nicki Minaj for “Anaconda.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day