- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 21-year-old singer will perform at this year’s awards ceremony Sunday, Aug. 24, at Inglewood, Calif.’s recently renovated venue The Forum, it was announced during Wednesday’s Total Ariana Live special.
Grande will perform her new single, “Break Free,” the Zedd-produced track off her upcoming sophomore album, My Everything, which hits stores Aug 25, one day after the VMAs. This will be her first time on the VMA stage.
“I’m so excited to perform ‘Break Free’ at the 2014 VMAs,” said Grande. “I can’t wait for my loves to see what we’ve been working on.”
Last year’s VMAs, held at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, drew 10.1 million viewers, a 66 percent jump from 2012.
Jesse Ignjatovic, Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are executive producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are co-executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day