- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 24-year-old singer will take the stage at this year’s awards show taking place at Inglewood, Calif.’s renovated venue The Forum. It will be broadcast on Sunday, Aug. 24, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
Swift made the official announcement on Wednesday’s appearance on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where she promoted The Giver. She will host a live Yahoo stream from New York City on Aug. 18, where she will reportedly reveal details of her fifth studio album.
Swift is a two-time VMA winner, taking home Moonmen for best female video (2009’s “You Belong to Me” and 2013’s “I Knew You Were Trouble”).
The VMAs performance lineup is proving to be a strong one, with previously announced Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, Iggy Azalea, Maroon 5, Usher, Ariana Grande and 5 Seconds of Summer also expected to take the stage. Additional performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.
Beyonce, also the recipient of the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, leads this year’s pack with eight nominations, including video of the year and best female video.
Jesse Ignjatovic, Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are executive producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are co-executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day