- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now is your chance to show off all those paintings you’ve done of One Direction. (Don’t pretend like you don’t know what we’re talking about.)
With the American Music Awards taking place this Sunday, fans have been using Twitter to cast votes for their favorite artists and even share artwork of the stars.
This year, Twitter votes will help determine the winners in the various categories, including artist of the year. The voting has closed for all categories except for best new artist. You can click here to vote for that award, which includes such high-profile nominees as Iggy Azalea, 5 Seconds of Summer and Sam Smith.
Additionally, fans can tweet their artwork of their favorite nominees to @TheAMAs, using the hashtag #AMAsFanArt. The musicians will look at the submissions and select their favorites, which they will digitally autograph and tweet out.
The American Music Awards are produced by Dick Clark Productions and are broadcast live on Nov. 23 on ABC from 8 to 11 p.m. Performers at the event will include Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, One Direction, Lorde, Fergie, Iggy Azalea and many others.
Examples of fan artwork that has already been submitted can be seen below.
— Will (@williancosta) November 21, 2014
— Laura Kordíková (@LauraKordikova) November 9, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day