- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Neil Diamond is ready to tie the knot for the third time.
The singer announced via Twitter Wednesday that he was engaged to his manager, Katie McNeil. He wrote, “Good news coming from sunny LA/ and you’re the first I want to tell/ Katie & I just got engaged/ and I hope you wish us well.”
Diamond also posted a picture of his new fiance declaring, “I’d like you to meet Katie. I’m lovestruck. I took this photo in London last month.”
McNeil executive produced the 2009 documentary about the singer Neil Diamond: Hot August Night NYC. Her other, mostly music-centric credits include Motley Crue: Carnival of Sins, Heart: Alive in Seattle, Public Enemy Live from the House of Blues and Tonight at the House of Blues.
Diamond’s first marriage was to Jayne Posner. His second marriage to Marcia Murphy ended in 1995. He has two children from each marriage.
Diamond, whose hits include “Sweet Caroline,” “America,” “Song Sung Blue” in addition to a starring role in 1980’s The Jazz Singer, is among this year’s recipients of Kennedy Center Honors. He will be honored alongside Meryl Streep, singer Barbara Cook, jazz musician Sonny Rollins, and cellist Yo-Yo Ma at the Dec. event.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day