- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Life is sweet for Neil Diamond: the 71-year-old singer wed for the third time Saturday.
Diamond announced his engagement to one of his managers, Katie McNeil, 42, on Twitter last September. “Good news coming from Sunny LA/ and you’re the first I want to tell/Katie and I just got engaged/and I hope you wish us well,” he wrote.
The two married in a private, intimate ceremony in L.A., according to People magazine.
This is the first marriage for McNeil and the third for Diamond. The “Sweet Caroline” singer has two daughters from his first marriage to high school sweetheart Jayne Posner and two sons from his second marriage to production assistant Marcia Murphey.
When Diamond and Murphey split in 1995, the resulting settlement was an estimated $150 million, the second-highest celebrity divorce settlement according to Forbes (basketballer Michael Jordan‘s split from Juanita Vanoy cost a reported $168 million).
Catch the newlywed in concert this summer; Diamond is preparing for a cross-country summer tour, kicking off June 1 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and wrapping up September 1 in Las Vegas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day