- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The band, whose non-Grohl members are not yet known, will perform Jan. 18 in Park City, Utah, in accordance with the premiere of Grohl’s debut as a documentary director on the film Sound City, Rolling Stone reports.
Grohl’s future bandmates will include musicians featured in the doc, and so given their special Sound City appearances alongside the Foo Fighter, these people might be making cameos onstage: Trent Reznor; Stevie Nicks; Lindsey Buckingham, Neil Young, John Fogerty and Tom Petty, among others.
Sound City, due out in February, tells the story of a somewhat nondescript and dilapidated recording studio in L.A.’s San Fernando Valley where many of rock’s most important records were made (including Nirvana’s Nevermind in 1991).
“I really feel like SOUND CITY is my life’s most important work,” Grohl wrote in a letter to fans last month. “I hope you do too. Psyched that you get to see it! Show it to your friends! Get together, start a band, sound like shit, and change the world. GO!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day