- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s hardly a time we can remember Nicki Minaj without her rainbow-hued wigs and equally vivid makeup — crazed eyelashes included. But as of late, the 31-year-old rapper has taken her iconic candy-colored look au natural, as seen on the Billboard Music Awards red carpet in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
“I felt like it was a natural transition,” explained Minaj during Billboard.com and Samsung’s red carpet show. “I always wanted to do it by the third album. It’s getting a great reaction, so I am not going to stop now,” she said. Minaj donned a floor-length black Alexander Wang gown with cutouts that put her stomach and, uh, other assets front and center. She also opted for a neutral lip shade and a clean complexion, with a pop of glitter swept across her eyelids.
And although the songstress’ wigs seem to be retired — if only temporarily, her friends are making the most of them. Last week, Rihanna snapped a shot of herself wearing a pink pixie wig and tweeted, “We raided Nicki’s wig closet for the summer. Bad gals just wanna have fun!”
And lest you think her Minajesty has ditched her color-loving ways entirely, look no further than her upcoming album, aptly titled, The Pink Print.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day