- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Nicki Minaj confirmed that she is in talks to join Britney Spears‘ forthcoming tour, as reported by Billboard last week.
MTV News spoke with Minaj before she performed at Casio’s TRYX OUT: NYC 2011 Launch Party in New York Thursday night. “I am in talks of joining Britney Spears, yeah,” Minaj said in the British accent of her Martha alter-ego. “I’m in talks about a lot of things, ya know. I don’t know — oops, I did it again.”
Minaj is currently on the road with Lil Wayne on his “I Am Still Music” tour, which plays in Greensboro, North Carolina, tonight. Spears’ tour begins June 17 in Sacramento.
Just hours after a Britney Spears-Enrique Iglesias tour was announced on March 29, Iglesias pulled out of the summer trek, reportedly due to money and the perception that Iglesias would be opening for Spears instead of co-headlining the tour with her. Although Spears has expressed interest in adding Usher to the tour, the R&B star is highly unlikely to join the trek, as he is managed by Randy Phillips who also helms AEG Live, producers of Spears’ last tour and very competitive with current promoter Live Nation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day