- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Nicki Minaj may have her issues with MTV’s Video Music Awards, but that’s not stopping the hip-hop star from performing at this year’s ceremony.
MTV announced Thursday that the “Anaconda” rapper will take the stage at Sunday’s VMAs, making it her second performance at the awards show in as many years.
Of course, Minaj received a lot of attention for speaking out after she failed to receive a nomination for video of the year, criticizing the awards show’s history of honoring thin white women over other ethnicities and body types.
In a New York Times article published Thursday, this year’s VMAs host, Miley Cyrus, had her own criticism for Minaj, saying, “I don’t respect your statement because of the anger that came with it.”
.@NICKIMINAJ will be performing at the 2015 #VMAs this Sunday at 9/8c for the second year in a row http://t.co/GpOIUIDMnf
— MTV (@MTV) August 27, 2015
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day