- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicki Minaj has gone silent.
An unlikely statement, yes, but true nonetheless, at least as far as her Twitter presence is concerned. The rapper wished her 11 million followers goodbye (with more pointed words to a select few) on Sunday night after engaging in a battle with fansite Nicki Daily, which had started to leak her songs online.
After a spirited back and forth — Minaj is known for her rapid-fire tongue — with a group of followers she called “very mean” and gave cyber-stare downs, she eschewed the idea of simply blocking certain members and instead shut the whole thing down.
“Like seriously, its but so much a person can take. Good f-cking bye,” she wrote just before taking down her profile.
Now, she’s got 30 days to come back or face her account’s permanent deletion — and the loss of 11 million members. With her new album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded just released (and No. 1 on the Billboard 200), it might be safe to assume that she’ll come back soon enough, if just for some promotional duties.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day