- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicki Minaj doesn’t seem to be sure of what she wants.
Five days after abruptly dropping her Twitter account (and her 11 million followers), seemingly out of frustration over a leaked song, the 29-year-old rapper and singer is hinting at a possible return — and that she might quit music altogether.
VIDEO: Nicki Minaj’s Sexy “Beez in the Trap” Video
Making the rounds on promotional tour in the U.K., Minaj attempted to explain her Twitter departure to TV host Graham Norton. “A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that’s what I did,” she said, “I had 11 million followers and I hope they will wait for me.”
But with others, she seems less optimistic. Minaj spoke with BBC Radio 1 host Tim Westwood, referring to herself in the third person as “the kid.”
“People aren’t even giving the kid props for taking it back to the essence… This is my fourth mixtape, really,” she said. “The kid did like that so she could feed her fans. But really, now the kid is thinking maybe she should leave the game.”
Those remarks are up to a variety of interpretations, but if “the game” is music, Minaj seems to be upset about something more than just Twitter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day