- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicki Minaj‘s new single, which will be released on Wednesday (May 21), now has a title: “Pills and Potions.”
The rapper unveiled the title on the red carpet of the 2014 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night (May 18), where she introduced Lorde’s performance of “Tennis Court.” Minaj also described the sound of “Pills and Potions,” which precedes her third album The Pinkprint, to Billboard.
“It sounds like urgency,” says Minaj. “It sounds like betrayal. It sounds like running. It sounds like fainting. It sounds like love. It sounds like — *gasp!*”
When asked about the release of The Pinkprint, which follows 2012’s hits-packed sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, Minaj did confirm that it would be out later this year, but could not get any more specific. “The album will be out before 2015,” she says.
Earlier this month, Minaj dropped a promotional track, “Yasss Bish!!,” that featured Soulja Boy. Her single “Lookin Ass” was also featured on the Young Money compilation Young Money: Rise of an Empire.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day