- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicki Minaj can add another title to her extensive résumé: model.
The rapper has signed with Wilhelmina Models, the agency announced Wednesday. Minaj will join Wilhelmina’s celebrity division, a star-studded roster that includes Shawn Mendes, Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas and Echosmith’s Sydney Sierota.
“I love the synergy between my music and how it inspires my fashion,” Minaj said in a statement. “My message is always about celebrating your own style. I’m thrilled and honored to have signed with Wilhelmina. They get me.”
Wilhelmina will work with Minaj to secure editorial opportunities, fashion and beauty campaigns and endorsement deals.
In addition to signing with a major modeling agency, Minaj most recently made history on the Billboard Hot 100 for the most appearances of any female artist in the chart’s 58-year history. On Wednesday, the award-winning artist and Gucci Mane also debuted a new music video for “Make Love.”
Minaj attended Paris Fashion Week in February, teaming up with Wilhelmina Artist Division stylist Maher Jridi for her jaw-dropping looks (who could forget her nipple pasty at Haider Ackermann’s show?). Looks like all that front-row work has paid off.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day