- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It may not be a full album, but Nicki Minaj still gave her fans a special Valentine’s Day treat on Tuesday.
The rapper, who was originally slated to release her sophomore studio album on Feb. 14, dropped a new single on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS FM radio show instead. The track, titled “Starships,” is a fun, feel-good pop anthem in the same vein as “Super Bass” and is produced by RedOne.
“Working with Nicki is amazing, ‘cause she’s so talented,” the producer told MTV News. “There’s nothing that inspires me more than raw, really good talent, big talent. I see that Nicki, and of course, she’s proven to be who she is.”
The track will be featured on Minaj’s upcoming Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which is now due out on April 3 via Young Money Records.
The rapper raised eyebrows during her appearance at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, where she arrived arm-in-arm with a man dressed as the Pope. She performed another new track during the ceremony, titled “Roman Holiday.” Minaj collaborated with Lady Gaga’s former creative director, Laurieann Gibson, for the choreography.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day