- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicholas Telemaque, the cousin of rapper Nicki Minaj, was shot and killed early Monday morning in New York City. The singer broke the news to her fans via Twitter: “My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcohilic. Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY.
“Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite.”
Telemanque, 27, was shot multiple times in the torso after leaving the C-PAC nightclub in Brooklyn around 2:30am, reports the New York Daily News. He died later at Kings County Hospital.
Minaj is currently on tour as the opening act for Britney Spears. Upcoming tour stops include St. Paul, Minn. on Wednesday, Chicago on Friday and Milwaukee’s Marcus Amphitheater on Saturday.
Minaj’s Monday night 45-minute set in Winnepeg “grew in energy as it went on,” according to the Winnepeg Free Press, with highlights including “Check it Out,” and her David Guetta collaboration, “Where Them Girls At.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day