- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It perhaps wouldn’t be Halloween without an incendiary costume stirring up trouble.
Nicki Minaj fanned the flames of controversy with her Instagram post Saturday that appears to be a screenshot of an image shared by music producer and radio personality DJ Clue. The photo shows someone dressed as Bill Cosby, who appears to be putting drugs into the beverage of an unconscious female whom he is holding.
“Our generation is so desensitized,” Minaj captions the shot. DJ Clue had captioned his post, “This gotta stop #PillCosby,” adding numerous laughing emoji.
Minaj’s fans were quick to criticize the post, with many people failing to find humor in a costume that references Cosby’s real-life alleged victims. One commenter called the pic “so f—ed up,” while another termed it “disgusting.” A third commenter wrote, “This isn’t what Halloween is about.”
A rep for Minaj did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Her post is below.
A photo posted by Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day