- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Barely a week after announcing the band’s signing with Columbia Records, Nine Inch Nails has set a release date for its first new album since 2007’s Year Zero.
Hesitation Marks, slated for a street date of Sept. 3, will be available for preorder beginning Thursday, June 6, the same day a new single, “Came Back Haunted,” hits iTunes.
PHOTOS: Stone Temple Pilots, 30 Seconds to Mars, Vampire Weekend at KROQ Weenie Roast
Recorded in secret over the last year, the album was helmed by NIN mastermind Trent Reznor with longtime collaborators Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder as co-producers.
The band also announced dates for a fall 2013 North American arena trek dubbed the Tension Tour. Says Reznor: “Tension picks up where Lights in the Sky left off. This is the full-on NIN live experience realized as we never could before.” Among the scheduled dates are stops at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center (Oct. 14) and Los Angeles’ Staples Center (Nov. 8).
OPINION: Coachella vs. Couchella: The Best Seat Beats the Heat
Tickets for the Live Nation run go on sale beginning Friday, June 14.
Listen to a stream of “Came Back Haunted” at the band’s official site.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day