- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British/Irish pop group One Direction will be headlining New York City’s Madison Square Garden in December, the band announced on Wednesday. The show follows the band’s U.S. summer tour, which sold out within minutes.
“We are so happy to be playing Madison Square Garden,” One Direction’s Niall Horan says. “To be headlining our own show in a venue that has played host to countless legendary acts that we have grown up listening to and adore is obviously a dream come true for us all.”
Tickets for the Dec. 3 Madison Square Garden show will go on sale April 6.
The band is likely eager to be performing across the U.S. — they recently told OK magazine’s UK imprint that “American girls are hot,” because the band gets “tons” of bras and knickers thrown at them whenever they’re onstage.
One Direction has been exploding on the American scene since appearing on the UK’s X Factor in 2010. The band’s first album, “Up All Night,” entered the Billboard 200 at No. 1.
This weekend, the group will appear on an episode of iCarly the same night that they are the musical guests on Saturday Night Live. Their summer tour kicks off May 24 in Fairfax, Va.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day