- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
That sound you just heard was one synchronous squeal from millions of teenage girls, screaming in unbridled anticipation for One Direction: This Is Us, a documentary chronicling the rise and lives of the world’s most popular boy band.
The first full-length trailer was released Tuesday and previews what appears to be a sentimental and fan-pleasing narrative of One Direction’s most recent world tour.
Cameras follow Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson around during their most goofy and candid, but also private and intimate moments.
In one touching scene in the trailer, Malik fulfills a promise to his mother and buys her a house. In thanks, she sobs to him on the phone, “Thank you for what you’ve done for us. I’m so proud of you.” Malik replies, “Well get off the phone, Mum, before I start crying.”
Other highlights include Styles revisiting the bakery where he had his first job, Horan failing to eat miso soup correctly, and the group stepping out from the top of an old ruin to an endless sea of screaming Directioners.
The trailer also previews the band’s new single, “Best Song Ever,” which, the band tweeted Tuesday, will officially debut at the Teen Choice Awards on Aug. 11.
The film will be released in theaters in 3D on Aug. 30.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day