- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
One Direction is going to be pretty unavoidable over the coming months. After rolling out a concert film and releasing a new album in November, the band is now teaming up with NBCUniversal for an aggressive promotional tour that will include multiple TV appearances and the band’s own special.
One Direction: The TV Special will air Dec. 23 on NBC in a bid for Christmas week eyeballs. It’s a stateside first for the British band, which has two theatrical releases under its belt. The special is part of a multipronged pact between the band and NBCUniversal. One Direction will also perform live on NBC’s Today and Telemundo’s Un Nuevo Dia on Nov. 17 to promote the release of their album, Four.
Taping the performances at Universal Orlando Resort’s CityWalk, NBC is also opening up a competition for fans to attend a private show at the venue on Nov. 18.
Plotted by NBCUniversal’s new global talent booking initiative, it will also give One Direction content across platforms and channels. Interviews about the album and special will air on Access Hollywood and E! News in addition to Today and Un Nuevo Dia.
One Direction won’t be alone in presenting a TV special this December. Michael Buble returns to NBC for a fourth annual Christmas special as well.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day