- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One Direction’s video for its “Best Song Ever” is breaking records just one day after release.
Music video and entertainment platform VEVO announced Tuesday that within 24 hours of its release on the site yesterday, the video had garnered 10.9 million views. The rabid fan response bests that for Miley Cyrus’ controversial new video, “We Can’t Stop,” which received 10.7 million views in its first day on the web.
The members of 1D put their acting chops on full display in the video, playing caricatures of people they may or may not have encountered in the music industry. Niall Horan sports a beard as the “Studio Exec”; Zayn Malik cross-dresses to play the “Sexy Assistant”; Harry Styles dons nerdy glasses as a misplaced “Marketing Guy”; Liam Payne breaks out his neon workout gear to play the flamboyant “Choreographer”; and Louis Tomlinson invokes Tom Cruise’s Les Grossman from Tropic Thunder, rocking a gold chain and a shaved dome.
Used as a promotional tool for their upcoming film, One Direction: This Is Us, the “Best Song Ever” video features numerous clips from the movie, many of which had been released in the trailer.
The video was directed by Ben Winston and shot in Miami. One Direction: This Is Us will be released Aug. 30 in 3D.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day