- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Medina may have left American Idol, but he’s not going away. The Illinois-born singer will debut a video tomorrow for “What Are Words,” his emotional song written by producer Rodney Jerkins.
The producer, known for his past work with artists such as Brandy, was so moved by Medina’s story he wrote the song specifically for the 26-year-old (Medina is the primary caregiver to his fiancée, who was seriously injured just months before they were set to tie the knot).
“When I heard the story of Chris and Juliana, the words and music just flowed,” said Jerkins in a press release issued by Interscope Geffen A&M, Idol‘s new music partners.
“To be able to work in the studio with someone of his stature was a dream come true,” added Medina in the same release regarding Jerkins.
“I just couldn’t believe that I had to deliver this news,” she said. “I felt [he] had been through a lot and is going through a lot.”
AOL will debut the video for “What Are Words” Friday at 2 p.m. EST. Later that day, Medina will appear on NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day