- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paradigm Talent Agency announced on Friday that it’s launched a new music label called Big Picnic Records.
Funded by private investors and distributed by Sony’s RED Music, Paradigm’s head of East Coast music Marty Diamond, who counts Coldplay and Phish among his longtime touring acts, will provide A&R support to Big Picnic general manager Patti Hauseman.
The label’s first release is by British singer-songwriter WALL, whose debut EP, Shoestring, came out April 2. Future releases planned include London’s Foxes and the Los Angeles duo JOHNNYSWIM.
Said Diamond in a statement: “It seems like a logical outgrowth of our efforts to support the development of new artists. The artists signed thus far are unique and very exciting.”
Paradigm is a full-service agency with offices in Beverly Hills, New York, Monterey and Nashville. Its music roster includes Aerosmith, Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Dwight Yoakam, fun., Phish, and Toby Keith, among many others.
Last year the company announced a joint venture partnership with AM Only, a leading electronic dance music agency that represents genre superstars David Guetta, Skrillex and Tiësto.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day