- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pat Benatar teamed up with producer-songwriter Linda Perry on the new protest song “Shine.” Created in support of Saturday’s Women’s March on Washington, “Shine” is Benatar’s first new song in over a decade.
The track also reflects the Shine Together movement, meant to effect positive change in government and the world.
“Even though I can’t be at the Women’s March on Washington in person, I wanted to show my support for everyone marching and the importance of standing up for women’s rights,” said Benatar in a press release. “By joining together and lifting each other up, we will show the world that women’s rights must continue to move forward — we’re not going back.”
The song is now available on iTunes, Google and Amazon. All proceeds will go to the B.A. Rudolph Foundation, supporting women pursuing careers in public service and government.
Take a look at the “Shine” video below.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day