- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pete Yorn will deliver the 2011 convocation address to bachelor’s and master’s degree candidates of Syracuse University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts.
Yorn, who earned his bachelor’s degree from the university in 1996, will speak May 14, at 7 p.m., in the Carrier Dome.
The singer is currently celebrating the 10th anniversary of his certified gold debut album musicforthemorningafter and is on an international tour for his current release, Pete Yorn.
“The Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies is excited to have Pete Yorn return to campus 15 years after his graduation and deliver the convocation address,” said Amos Kiewe, professor and chair of CRS. “Pete has kept in touch with the department and several faculty members whom he considers instrumental for his education. His convocation address brings to a close the department’s centennial celebration and the many guests who came to Syracuse University during the year, recognizing 100 years of teaching communication and rhetoric at SU.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day