- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Weird Al, Super Bowl performer?
That’s the plan, if 30,000 people (and counting) have their say.
The man behind a Change.org petition seeking to have Weird Al Yankovic head to the halftime show says he got the idea after he heard someone speculate that Justin Bieber would be a good choice.
“I thought, ‘Man, this is so crappy,’ Ed Ball tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Ball, a lifelong Yankovic fan, believes the timing for his campaign is right. The parody artist is enjoying his first album to hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and all the good that goes along with it. Ball envisions a halftime show in which the artists Yankovic parodies join him onstage.
“In all honesty, would you rather have Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus perform the Super Bowl or something different?”
We’ve reached out to Yankovic‘s rep to see what he thinks about playing at next year’s big game, which will take place in Arizona. Weird Al’s Mandatory Fun was released July 15.
You can check out Ball’s petition here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day