- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It appears that Pharrell Williams wants to do it all. The musician and producer has long been a fashion icon in his own right, wearing statement-making accessories (hats in particular) and ensembles that most people couldn’t dream of pulling off.
He’s also designed his own collections (Billionaire Boys Club), dabbled in tech and driven philanthropic efforts. And now he’s added another layer. On Tuesday, Williams posted an Instagram image in which he’s standing on piles of denim that announced the big news: “On top of my business. As of today, proud to be a co-owner of @GSTARRAW.”
A photo posted by Pharrell Williams (@pharrell) on
Indeed, the Dutch label G-Star Raw also shared the news, officially welcoming him to the family. Those familiar with his CV know this is no random purchase. He’s already worked with the denim brand for two years on a collaboration with his Bionic Yarn company on the “RAW for the Oceans” collection, which makes denim out of recycled ocean plastic. In this new role, we can expect more Pharrell in everything from G-Star’s collections to advertising. That makes us very happy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day