- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Monday night giveaway organized by rapper Phora led to a stampede at Shoe Palace on Hollywood Boulevard.
Several people were reportedly trampled as the crowd rushed the venue. Paramedics evaluated 10 people for minor injuries at the scene, according to ABC, with eight of those apparently taken to local hospitals.
Phora encouraged fans to attend the giveaway to drum up interest in his new album and tour. “New shoes for anyone who needs them and giving away a bunch of FREE YT/Love Is Hell shirts to whoever comes,” he wrote in a post on Sunday.
Later, Phora tweeted an ABC report on the incident. “I’m so sorry,” he told the broadcaster. “I personally took someone to the hospital myself. It’s super hectic out here tonight. I appreciate the fans, I appreciate the love.”
The California rapper starts a national jaunt this Wednesday night at Seattle’s Showbox in support of his new album release, Love Is Hell.
UPDATE: Crowd was gathered for promotional event by rapper Phora at Shoe Palace, Hollywood & Highland. Witnesses say there was pushing and shoving in the crowd, some were hyperventilating when rapper appeared https://t.co/g5BBYlLlYp pic.twitter.com/TxRyrkrDfj
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) October 9, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day