- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pitbull will continue his reign over the 2011 music scene all the way through to the final moments.
The rapper joins Hot Chelle Rae, recently named the American Music Awards’ best new artist, as the most recent additions to ABC’s Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve lineup. The annual special will be hosted by Ryan Seacrest with Jenny McCarthy resuming her post in the heart of Times Square. For the Los Angeles-based portion of the show, Fergie will host.
Already slated to perform are Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, who will take the stage in New York City.
The bi-costal celebration will kick off with a 40th Anniversary Party at 8 p.m. ET, hosted by McCarthy and Fergie. Seacrest will take over the airwaves beginning at 10 p.m. ET.
Pitbull most recently performed on the American Music Awards, produced by Dick Clark Productions, and will be seen on CBS’ Wednesday night Grammy Nominations Concert Live at 10 p.m. ET/PT. His hit song “Give Me Everything,” featuring Ne-Yo and Nayer, topped the Billboard Hot 100 on June 26, marking the latin rapper’s first ever No. 1 single.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day