- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Quincy Jones on Thursday morning issued an apology for remarks he made in bombshell interviews with Vulture and GQ in late January.
In his apology, the music legend said his daughters took him aside and talked to him about the effects of the comments.
The 84-year-old record producer said he stopped drinking a few years back and his memory of past events is not as sharp as it should be, which is one of the side effects, so his stories do not paint the whole picture.
“I am sorry to anyone whom my words offended, and I am especially sorry to my friends who are still here with me and those who aren’t,” Jones said in the statement.
One of the biggest tales Jones shared in one interview was that the late Richard Pryor allegedly had a sexual relationship with the late Marlon Brando. Pryor’s ex-wife said it was true, but Brando’s son denied the claim.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day