- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
R. Kelly’s U.S. tour will be shorter than expected with confirmation that three concerts have been scrapped and at least one other show is in doubt.
Ticketmaster’s website reveals the singer’s upcoming After Party tour dates are canceled at UNO Lakefront Arena, New Orleans (Aug. 11), Raising Cane’s River Center Arena, Baton Rouge; and Music Hall at Fair Park, Dallas. At press time, the remaining seven shows are slated to go ahead as planned.
The cancelations follow allegations that the R&B artist is purportedly holding a number of women in a kind of sex “cult” (a claim he denies). Kelly hit the stage at Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater in Virginia Beach, Va., last Friday night for his first performance since the lurid claims emerged.
The singer didn’t hold back on his signature outrageous antics. His fans, however, weren’t all onboard. The venue, according to TMZ, appeared to be at below half-capacity in the hours leading up to the show and the news title blames slow ticket sales for the latest cancelations.
Billboard reached out to an R. Kelly rep for comment.
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day