- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emerging Pittsburgh rapper Jimmy Wopo has been identified as one of the victims in a double shooting in Pittsburgh’s Middle Hill neighborhood on Monday evening, according to KDKA. The “Elm Street” rapper’s manager, Taylor Maglin, confirmed the loss of his client on Facebook. Wopo was 21.
“I lost my brother today and it’s the worst feeling in the world. He was destined for greatness and he wanted the best for his friends, family and community,” Maglin said of the artist born Travon Smart. “We lost a great person today, but just know I will do everything in my power to make his memory live on forever. Love you bro.”
WTAE reported that one of the two victims was pronounced dead while the other is in stable condition. The drive-by shooting allegedly took place by the intersection of Wylie Avenue and Duff Street in the city’s Hill District neighborhood, according to the Tribune-Review.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day